The Immigrant Investor Programme (IIP) is an initiative by which the Irish government seeks to attract foreign direct investment into Ireland and in return offers secure and flexible residency status for the investor and his/her family. An Applicant (Non EEA National) for the IIP must be a “high net worth individual” meaning a personal wealth of at least €2 million.
The IIP is an attractive scheme for investors as close family members will benefit from their own permission to work, study or establish a business in Ireland as they wish. The IIP investor and his/ her family will hold what is termed ‘stamp 4’ status (which is a high-level immigration status short of citizenship) and will benefit from the added flexibility of being able to hold this status without having to actually reside in Ireland. This freedom to effectively come and go as they like, makes the IIP standout from all other immigration routes available to persons wishing to establish ties to Ireland.In order for an application to be approved, the investment proposed should be beneficial for Ireland, should create new or maintain jobs and should be in the public interest.
The government expects the proposed investment to offer ‘added value’ for the country in recognition of the very beneficial immigration status available. It is important for potential applicants to demonstrate that they own the funds they plan to invest (the funds cannot be borrowed) and to prove that they are legally acquired. To qualify for the IIP, a ‘high net worth’ individual must make an investment which falls into a number of investment options:
We, at Cap CF, have specific projects which qualify for the IIP programme.
- Enterprise Investment: This involves a minimum personal investment of €1 million in a new or existing Irish business (or businesses) for a period of at least 3 years.
- Investment Fund: This involves a minimum investment of €1 million in an approved investment fund for a period of at least 3 years.
Both of the above investment options offer investors a fixed return on their investment together with a defined exit.
Cap CF provide a full service to investors under the IIP programme which covers:
- Investment Selection
- Application to the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service
- Investment Management
- Country Representation (Nominee)
Applications for the programme are accepted on these dates only.
- 10 January 2018 - 24 January 2018
- 14 March 2018 - 28 March 2018
- 09 May 2018 – 23 May 2018
- 15 August 2018 - 29 August 2018
- 10 October 2018 – 24 October 2018
Read a detailed guide on the programme here: IIP
If you would like to discuss the above in more detail please fill out the contact form below and we will contact you at an agreed time.